Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quarter century dead

Those were the words quoted by my husband when I asked him what he thought about turning 25. I'd never quite heard it that way and I thought it was pretty clever. That Brandon, he's so funny. His birthday was a little over a week ago and I decided it was probably time to post about it. It landed on a holiday this year so we both got work and school off! I was so excited to spend the whole day with him. It started out early for me since after I got up to do my nightly bathroom run (gotta love baby pushing on the bladder) I was oh so sneaky and went downstairs and I had hid 25 black balloons all around the house (are you impressed he didn't find them? That's cause I hid them where I knew he wouldn't ever look, like the washer and dryer!) So I spread that all out over the floor and hung up a "over the hill" banner as well as a matching balloon. I was quite pleased with myself that I pulled it off without him knowing. Though I did lay up in bed for a long time after word just waiting for one of those balloons to hit something sharp and pop and ruin my surprise. Although it would've been pretty funny to see Brandon shoot up out of bed yelling "what? what?! What?!!" hahaha I'm sure he really wouldn't do that, but I'd like to think that he would because it makes me smile just imagining it. Here's a photo of the damage:

And this is the look Brandon had on his face all day longing knowing he was now a quarter century dead:


Just kidding, he looked like his usual adorable self all day. More like this:



We didn't do anything to grand for his birthday. We went and saw a movie and played Donkey Kong for like 4 hours haha. Then we went out to Olive Garden for some amazing food...oh it was delightful. I loved spending the day with him.
And to my sweet honey bunches of oats, I'm so glad you were born. What would I do without you constantly teasing and entertaining me?! I love that I get to spend many more birthdays with you!

On a side note, how about that snow storm we got a few days ago??? That was crazy! I think it took us 30 minutes to dig our car out!


And these pictures don't ever do it justice. There was so much! I LOVE IT!!!

p.s. Baby is doing great!!! We have a doctor appointment on Monday and I'll be a little over 16 weeks by then and I really want to see if I can sweet talk the doctor into telling us if our baby is a he or a she so I can stop calling baby "it" Wish me luck!

0 comments: