Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mother's Instinct??

Do people really have "mothers instinct" when it comes to knowing the gender of their baby? Because to me it's like, you've got a 50/50 shot and that's pretty good odds! I just don't know about all that, but it's probably because I have had zero inkling's of what this little bean is growing inside me. ZERO. I couldn't even venture a guess. I even try and talk myself into saying "Oh I think it's a boy" but then immediately after I say it I'm thinking, "well actually i'm gonna go with girl...no wait...boy, girl, boy, girl?!?!?! AHHHH" Then I have a little argument with myself about what happens when I try and guess and I should just shrug my shoulders and say I have no idea. I haven't even had any dreams about baby either! I've had dreams about being pregnant, but even in my dreams we haven't found out yet. Mr. Brandon though has had PLENTY of dreams about baby though. I think so far he's had 3 dreams it's a girl and 1 dream it's a boy. That's a total of 4 dreams people! And I've had none. I must've passed my "mother instinct" onto him.
That's when I go to the trusty internet and other tools to help with my guessing. I came across this little calendar and according to it we're having a girl:




But still, I can't get passed the fact that there is a 50/50 shot in it being right, so of course people think it really works. The odds are great! Plus the magic 8 ball in Walmart said it was going to be a girl too and we all know those never lie. Everyone seems to think it's a girl, which makes me want to be the rebel and say boy! haha show them.
I guess I'll just suck it up for another 3 more weeks until our doctor appointment....*Sigh*
I have it all pictured in my head though and I replay it like 20 times a day of the doctor finally announcing what it is and me and Brandon jumping up in excitement with high fives and chest bumping!! It's gonna be great.

And last but not least, I think baby is finally start to grow quite nicely and I just want the whole world to see. However, the whole world doesn't need to see my growing chin(s) and chipmunk cheeks as this pregnancy progresses, so therefore I probably won't post any belly shots with my face. For your viewing pleasure, Baby Holdaway at 17 weeks:

4 comments:

Megan Young said...

I had no idea either. I like the calendar idea...however, I checked it and according to it, Hadley should have been a girl--prove them wrong! :)

whipples said...

i used the same gender predictor for all three of my kids and it was right all three times!!!! fingers crossed for a baby girl!!!!

Aleisha said...

oh your tummy is so cute I could barf. :) Way to go Nicole! Whatever it is!

Luvbeingmom said...

YOU'RE MAKING ME BABY HUNGRY!!!
And yes mother instinct is really real :P I knew I was having a boy with Wyatt and I knew it was a girl with Sara. It was 2 completely different pregnancy in every way. With Wyatt I had dreams it was a girl and With Sara I had dreams it was a boy. With Wyatt I had "expecting girl like" cravings and with Sara "expecting BOY like" cravings...I put all the wive's tales to the test and they all failed me, and so did those chinese predictors thingy...just like the one you posted :P
Best way to know??? GET AN ULTRASOUND lol
BUT if I may say, by the "chin and cheeks" changes you mentioned IT'S A GIRL!
But again, it's the wive's tales :P