We spent the remainder of our days in Frankfurt. This was the last area that Brandon served in. And I think it's the biggest city that he served in as well. I loved that we went at this time of year because they had their huge Christmas Markets going on!! This is something they do in quite a few of the city's and they line the streets with booths and food and christmas decor and everything else you can imagine. I was in Christmas heaven that is for sure. We spent most of the nights exploring around there and buying all sorts of fun trinkets. Brandon even had me trying lot's of German food and I even ordered something all by myself! I was so proud of myself. I have a huge desire to learn German now. There was something very invigorating about listening to Brandon speak German to everyone and knowing what they were saying to us. I keep telling him to just talk to me in German now. haha. So hot. Anyways. I didn't get very many pictures of the market, mainly cause we went there at night and so my pictures didn't really turn out. I did get some during the day though.
We went to some old Castle ruins during one of the days and I was loving every minute of this. Our first stop was at this really old castle that was literally in ruins. I was so excited to get in there and go exploring through it but sadly during November they only have it open on Saturday's and Sunday's. LAME! I tried to break in but Brandon had to pull me off the wall and assure me that it probably wasn't the best idea. I hate it when he's right.
We then went to the Heidelberg Castle, which is a huge castle that was built on the side of a mountain that overlooks the whole city. Gorgeous view. If I were to build a castle, I would've picked that spot. This was in better shape than the other one that we were at but it was equally if not cooler than the other. The size of this thing was mind blowing. It had huge courtyards and towers and secret passageways everywhere! They had them all blocked off for some unknown reason, gosh, you'd think they'd keep them open for crazy tourists like me who want to explore them. I told Brandon that I wanted to buy the castle and restore it and live there, but I don't think he was quite so found of the idea. Whatever, I don't need his help, I'll just do it myself. Better start saving up. haha
This is a picture of what the castle originally looked like. Quite a difference!
We both liked this guy cause it looks like he is holding the Holy Hand Grenade (any monty python fans out there?)
And last but not least, when we got our rental car it was brand new!! It only had 24 kilometers on it! Man, when we were done with that thing this is how many kilometers it ended with....
...I'd say that's a trip well done!!!!!!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment