After a few days in Berlin we hit the car once again and traveled to another area where Brandon served his mission. I fell in love with Bonn the minute we walked out of our hotel. Everything about it was amazing and beautiful. Our hotel was right next to this awesome river that we got to walk along and enjoy the sunrise.
See what I mean? Beautiful.
We walked thru town a bit and we did a few things there. They have a really cool museum of Germany's history that we spent quite a while in. It had a lot of neat things from World War II and just a bunch of stuff about their culture. We also spent lot's of time riding back and forth on the same wrong subway trying to find the Haribo Candy Factory. But once we finally found it it was so worth it. I've never quite enjoyed candy as much as I have in Germany. Sooo good. I wanted to buy the whole store. Bonn has a lot of really cool buildings and sites. Can't explain how awesome everything was so here are some pictures!
Next we caught a train to Cologne which was about 30 minutes away from Bonn. I loved loved this city too! Even though we only went and saw one thing there, the city was still crazy! It was soooo big and there were people everywhere! Right as we walked out of the train station, this was the first thing you see staring you right in the face:
This my friends, is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life: the Cologne Cathedral!!! This was seriously beyond massive. I really don't think I've ever seen anything so big in my life. We went inside and it was so gorgeous. But the best part of it all was when we got to climb up the 532 stairs to the very top! Now these weren't regular ole stairs, they were spiral stairs all the way up in this small pillar where you could very easily have a panic attack if you are claustrophobic. Brandon is such a stud cause he hiked all the way to the top with about 20 pounds (no joke) of candy in his backpack that we had bought earlier that day. What a hottie. We made it to the top and it was well worth it. We had an amazing view of the city and it was awesome!
Someone was so nice to have spray painted our initials on one of the stairs for us (I swear it wasn't us)
This was a shot we took looking straight up the cathedral. We still weren't at the very tip top but they didn't let us go that high. Jerks. hahaha



0 comments:
Post a Comment