This title pretty much says it all, I really did run the happiest race on earth! Or so I think, but that's just cause it may be the only race I've ever ran, but I seriously LOVED every second of it. My dad and I did awesome and we even beat our goal time by like 25 minutes! Our goal was to make it under 3 hours and we ran it in 2 hours and 34 minutes. I don't know if that's good or not, but I felt pretty proud of it. Now I can say that I have ran a marathon, sure it was only a half marathon, but it has the word "marathon" in it right?? This is totally something I would do again in a heart beat and I'm so glad my dad talked me into it!!!
Just crossed the finish line! Woot woot! Look, I'm even smiling still, that counts for something! Plus I also had this freaking cool minnie mouse hat that my mom let me wear so they could spot us amoungst the 13,000 runners!
My dad and I with our awesome medals. They seriously are such cool medals, I was pretty dang impressed. hahah we look really sweaty and gross!!!
We also went to the beach but due to the holiday the beach we went to was seriously out of control busy!!! We couldn't even find anywhere to change into our swimming suits without having to walk like 3 miles due to long lines for the bathrooms. So we just walked around and people watched and got pretty entertained by a "seal hugger" lady yelling at everybody to stay off the beach so that the seals can come and rest from their long journeys. haha yeah she was crazy. Good effort though if she thought she could control the 3 trillion people that were there.
We stopped to eat at California Pizza Kitchen (so good) and we had a perfect view of the San Diego Temple so we snapped a quick picture.
The hotel we stayed in had a huge statue of Mickey Mouse in their lobby, so I got my picture snapped next to it...



1 comments:
Um....FUN!! Except for the running part :) I could never do that! That is way awesome that you got to go on a vaca AND accomplish something so amazing!
Post a Comment