Monday, August 24, 2009

Disneyland Half Marathon


Well, it's official, I've lost my mind! haha I have agreed to run the Disneyland half marathon with my dad in just 2 short weeks. I'm quite excited/nervous about it cause I've never considered myself much of a runner, but I've been trying to become one over the last few months. Plus anyone who knows me, knows that if I were to ever run a marathon, of course it would be sponsored by Disney! Disneyland Rules! I figured I better blog about running it too cause if I blog about it that pretty much means it's set in stone right? haha My only condition was that my dad is not to leave me behind in his dust and that he needs to stay with me just in case he has to carry me across the finish line :) Ok ok, I'm sure i'm being a little over dramatic about how horrible I'm thinking it's going to be. I really am excited about it and it'll be fun to do this with my dad cause we've always talked about running in one just to say that we've done it. Plus I was reading up about it and I guess they have like entertainment/characters at every mile marker to cheer you on! How cool is that? That's worth pushing myself to make it each mile! The race is on Sept. 6th at 6:00 AM. That's right A.M.! Once again anyone who knows me knows that this is a very unknown time to me. So wish me luck cause I'm gonna need it!

2 comments:

Megan Young said...

That sounds SO fun--good luck!

Angela said...

Well, if you are gonna pick one to do, that would be it!!! You are gonna do great!!! Good luck.