Saturday, September 19, 2009

Camping

Brandon and I decided on a whim to go camping this weekend, so we did! We had never been camping together so we figured why not start? We packed up stuff for over night and got some stuff for smores ("how can I have some more if I've never had any??")and off we went! It was just a real quick trip but I seriously had a blast. I managed to pretty much burn every single one of my marshmellows whilest Brandon, Mr. perfect at everything, got all of his a superb golden brown color. In my defense though, I seriously can count on one hand how many times I've actually toasted marshmellows over an open fire. After burning all of our firewood, we got in our tent and watched a movie on Brandon's laptop and went to bed! We were really roughing it too cause when we woke up the next morning we packed up all our stuff and headed out to eat breakfast at a nice restaurant. haha. This might be the beginning of a beautiful relationship with me and camping...maybe.

Cute Brandon just humoring me and posing for a picture.

Not quite sure what I'm doing here? Maybe the fire dance?? Actually I think I was trying to wash my hands of the bug spray that was on it. Note: Don't apply bug spray before eating smores...it gives smores that not so wonderful poison taste. yuck.

Having a slight moment of panic cause I burnt my marshmellow AGAIN!


mmmmm smores!!!!


Yay for camping!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You watched a movie while camping? You two totally roughed it. haha

Natalie and Ryan said...

I'm glad your experience was good! I don't know if you remember my post about our first camping adventure.... we slept in a half tent. Oh and did I mention it was mesh? Oh and that it wasn't a tent at all, but in fact it was a golf ball catcher? Good times.. I'm glad your adventure went well though!!!