February has been a pretty long month yet busy at the same time. We celebrated Valentines Day & Brandon's Birthday all within a week of each other so that kept us on our toes! Lucy has been just as joyous as ever and always manages to entertain us. Kids are so funny. Seriously. How did we ever entertain ourselves before she came along?
For Valentines day this year we had a pretty low key day. We don't really ever go all out or anything so we just like to keep things simple. He had to work a ton that day and was gone from 7 am until 6 pm so it was just mainly me and Lucy for the day. We even had heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, along with everyone else in the world :) Lucy thought that was pretty neat.
Then when Brandon came home we had a surprise from Cupid himself and presents had been left on our doorstep!! Imagine that. Lucy was excited to open her present and even more thrilled when she saw it was a new Tinkerbell doll! She's been watching the Tinkerbell movies lately and loves them so that was some big points earned for mom and dad...er, I mean, cupid.
Brandon got me a box of chocolates from the Blue Bird candy factory (so good!!) and I got him a bag filled with all his favorite candies. All and all it turned out to be a great day! Yay for celebrating your love!
Brandon's birthday was low key too. We did manage to sneak out on a date a few days before and it was wonderful! We saw "Warm Bodies" which was fantastic and we ate some delicious chinese food afterwords. Brandon even dared me to try some crab rangoons that came with our meal and I am proud to say that I tried one! I ate it! Like, in my mouth! And I didn't even throw up! I may have just dry heaved a little. Then we laughed about it and high fived and went on with our meal. I despise seafood so that was quite a feet of accomplishment for me.



0 comments:
Post a Comment