We celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the fam this year and it did not disappoint! We enjoyed each others company so much and it was tons of fun to hang out with everybody. We are all so busy that it's a rare treat when we get to see one another. My mom was a great hostess and all the food was soooo good. The weekend was full of eating, eating and more eating. I think I ate 6 pieces of pie in one day. Impressive eh?
Lucy gave me the best Thanksgiving gift of all...she napped during the big dinner! I got to enjoy my HOT food and focus only on eating. It was marvelous. I finally truly understand what Ralphie says in "A Christmas Story" about how his mother hadn't had a hot meal in 15 years.
After we ate we basically just vegged out, watched tv and slept. We went over to Holdaway's house a little later that evening to see how their Thanksgiving went and to eat some more food. Lucy had a blast playing with her cousins and following them around trying to act like a big kid. She also quite enjoyed chasing the doggies around. Those dog's either love it when Lucy comes or hates it because she is obsessed with them. She's even figured out how to play fetch with them.
My mom and I were brave and went out shopping on friday afternoon. It was pretty crazy but we did manage to find good deals and even didn't have to wait in too many long lines. It was a blast going shopping with her. We even lucked out and left Lucy at home with Brandon so she didn't destroy every store we went into and so I could actually shop instead of chasing her around.
We got home on Sunday, along with everyone else (the traffic was horrible!) and now we are ready for Christmas!!!! Bring it on!!!
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Thanksgiving 2012
Posted by Brandon, Nicole and Lucy at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment