I can't believe we've hit summer already! Time flies when you are having fun. It's amazing how fast a year can fly by. It feels like only yesterday I was pregnant with Lucy swelling up like a balloon with my big ol' clown feet and swearing up and down that we would never have a summer baby again. Ever. Good times, good times. Anyways.
Life here in Logan is going well. We are loving our new house, but not loving the fact that we misread our house info sheet about having air conditioning only to find out we in fact do not have air conditioning. Thankfully though we have a basement that stays a nice cool temperature so Lucy and I just start hanging out down there when it gets too hot upstairs. Since we are from St. George I am programmed to think not having AC is the worst possible thing that could happen. Actually I'm pretty sure my reaction was something like this, minus the first 4 seconds of the clip and I wasn't holding a femur bone.
HOWEVER, I do have to say that it cools off quite nicely at night in Logan and we've figured out if we freeze the house out during the night then it doesn't get too hot during the day.
Moving on to my favorite subject. Miss Lucy. Oh Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. She's just as cute as ever. Her personality is developing quickly and she is growing like a weed. She's started having an obsession with little tiny specks on the ground. Seriously this kid can zero in on a piece of fuzz on the ground a mile away. And she will stop at nothing to get that piece of fuzz and then stop at nothing to get it in her mouth. Which drives me crazy. Especially since she knows it drives me crazy so she'll look right at me and slowly start to put it in her mouth waiting for me to say "No no no!!!" That girl already knows how to push my buttons. We might be in for it with her.
And now because of that new little trait the only kinds of pictures I can get of her are ones of her hunting down those little specks. Makes me think I'm watching the animal planet. She's just like a lion stocking a baby gazelle, just waiting to pounce at any moment. Educational right?
Also, a quick shout out to Brandon for fathers day!!! Lucy is seriously the luckiest little girl in the world. Brandon is so smitten with her. And he plays and plays with her and she LOVES it. She always gives him kisses (which makes me jealous, I have to ask for kisses and I usually get rejected...by Lucy, not Brandon haha) and you'd think she hadn't seen him in years by the way she reacts whenever he comes home from work. What a cute pair they are. Peas and Carrots. We love you Brandon!




0 comments:
Post a Comment