Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Playing Around

Logan has lot's of outdoor stuff to do, which is right up our alley so we've been having a blast checking out all the hiking and biking and exploring. A few days ago we went to some cave thing that had a fracture or something like that in the ground that forces water out and it created a little run off into the Logan river. We just happen to drive past it while going through the canyon so we stopped to check it out. It was pretty neat. Brandon wanted to jump in the water but he didn't quite understand why I was against it. I had to explain to him that the water was freezing and that it looked like a raging river of death and then he looked at me and said "So?" Seriously that kid, sometimes I wonder what kind of crazy stuff he would get into if I wasn't around to stop him.





Probably my favorite picture of Brandon ever:
My husband is hot.


Then today we decided we wanted to go on a hike so we looked up some hikes around in the canyon and found one that looked simple and not too long and it was labeled as an intermediate hike so we thought it wouldn't be too bad. We headed out (in the rain and all!) and started our hike. It started out all nice and easy and then it turned against us. Basically it was straight up hill the whole entire way. Seriously I swear we hiked up 3/4 of the mountain. Pretty sure they lied about the whole "intermediate" thing. I think the only reason it was labeled that because the way back was all down hill!! We finally made it though and the whole point of the hike was to get to some caves at the top of the trail. They were pretty cool, except I was freaking out because it was more like an arch then a cave and it was fairly steep walking down into it and there wasn't anything to stop you if you slipped except for the ground like 300 feet down. I may or may not of witched out at Brandon to stop getting so close to the edge. I bet he loves being married to me.

We found this branch, so of course what does Brandon have to do? Swing from it like a little monkey!

So what of course do I have to do? Do it too and try to show him up!

Attempt 1: Not so good...


Attempt 2: A little better...


Attempt 3: Give up all together and just stand there and try and look cute.
Here are some pictures of the caves that we made it too. Like I said they were pretty cool but the edge of death made me want to soil myself many times.


And here are other random pictures of how gorgeous Logan is. It's so cool being somewhere that is soooo green and not full of red dirt.




2 comments:

Liz said...

Dude. I know. I got dragged on that hike last summer and it is NOT easy. But the view is almost worth it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely couple...lovely scenery...