Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"No cash...no splash"

Cozumel, oh sweet Cozumel, you sure treated me good. Everything from the crystal clear blue water, white sand, fantastic diving, warm sunny days, spending 24/7 with Brandon and all the diet coke with lime I could drink (remember this post...yeah that didn't work out too well lol)


I seriously haven't loved a vacation more than I did this one. What a perfect way to spend a week. We went on a total of 15 dives, so about 3 a day. We had one day where we didn't dive at all and just did our own thing and then on our last day of diving we only did 2 dives. We did everything from a deep dive, I think our maximum depth was like 104 feet! We even did a night dive and a wreck dive. The wreck dive was my favorite for sure. We got to go inside the ship and swim through all the different rooms and just explore. It seriously was so awesome. Cozumel has some amazing diving. The reefs are unbelievably gorgeous and the colors and corals and marine life are just awesome. I even saw some sharks and was actually quite calm about it. Didn't even scare me. I was so proud. So was Brandon. He was a little nervous that I would make a huge scene and embarrass him. Just kidding, I'm sure he wasn't, at least he didn't say he was. My favorite was when we'd see sea turtles and we could swim right up to them and pet them and they just sat there and let you. It surprised me with how calm they were around us. Especially since my group would get into a huge frenzy over who could get to the sea turtle first to touch it before it swam away. Pretty serious frenzy folks, a few fights started over it which consisted of ripping each other regulators out of our mouths and ripping off masks so we couldn't see. Ok ok that really didn't happen, but that would've been hilarious. We had some really fun dive masters as well. They were natives to the island and sure knew how to have a good time. Omar was our dive master and he did everything from covincing us he was gay for almost a whole day to sticking banana chunks into our foot booties without telling us and therefore got quite the surprise when we stuck our feet in them! Oh Omar, we miss him.


We had trauma with our underwater camera and had to resort to buying a film camera for underwater. Do you remember film cameras? I was a bit discouraged that I couldn't look at the pictures and delete the unflattering ones :) Some of the people in our group were gracious enough though to let us copy some of their pictures they took while diving onto our computer, so I at least have some to post. I'll have to develop my pictures and do another post if we got some good ones.


The best part of the whole trip was when we went to one of the nightly performances that the hotel puts on for the guests. We were enjoying the show when all the sudden Brandon and I get pulled up on stage with a bunch of other people!! We had to play a dance game with the other guests and whoever wins, get's a prize! I'm usually so against getting up in front of people, but I figured hey who cares, I'm never going to see any of these people again. Well, I ended up winning!!! Woot Woot!! And they were handing out the prizes for 1st and 2nd place and the only thing I could see them holding was a giant bottle of Tequilla, and I'm thinking "great, what the heck am I going to do with that?" But luckily that went to the girl who took 2nd. They had an envelope for me and they opened it and read it aloud and it was good for 1 free pass to go swim with Dolphins!!!! Ladies and Gentleman, I about died of happiness. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE dolphins, they're my favorite. I booked my session and I ended up being the only person in that session, so they totally spoiled me :) I got to play with 2 dolphins instead of 1 and I was only supposed to be with them for like 30 minutes, but I swear we were in there longer. I even got to hang onto their dorsel fins and go for a ride. So. freaking. fun.


The only complaint I have was our horrible time trying to get home. Our first flight took off late and therefore when it landed in Denver, we had about 20 minutes to get to our connecting flight. Yeah. 20 minutes to get our bags checked, go through customs and security, and somehow go clear across the airport to our gate. We ran pretty much through everything and made it with 3 minutes to spare! Yet when we got there they hadn't even started boarding yet, so they finally got us on the plane and we sat there again for another like 40 minutes! So annoying. We finally land in Las Vegas at midnight and guess what? They never put our luggage on the plane!!! I was soooo mad! Especially since we forgot to get our car keys out of our luggage, so we were stranded. And to make it even better, the next flight didn't come in til 9 the next morning. Luckily though, Brandon's sweet Aunt came and picked us up and let us crash at her house in Henderson. The night go even better too when we got to her house and I got peed on by her puppy and it was the only pair of pants I had. She was nice enough to wash them though. What a night it was! But our luggage was there the next morning and we were able to go home. Moral of the story: Dont fly with Frontier.


We also rented a scooter and cruised around the island and found great beaches to play at and we also went to some Mayan ruins as well. What a wonderful trip it was. I want to personally thank Brandon for finally giving in to my nagging and agreeing to go :) I know he loved it, maybe even more than I did! He said the whole trip was worth it after our first dive! We want to go back again someday for sure. Cozumel, you treated us good!! Sadly we had to come home though from paradise.


Here are pictures, in no particular order because there is a million of them and I have no desire to sort through them!


































2 comments:

Aleisha said...

all I can say is "WOW" my friend. That looks so incredibly amazing! And I'm SO MAD I didn't get to see you up in front of people (what was it, dancing?) I always knew you rock! Congrats on the dophin swim, they must have known that would be the number one prize you'd want ;)
I'm glad you made it back all right. I was suprised at how bright your pictures were, I guess I was thinking 'underwater, I bet it was dark and they probably were holding big underwater flashlights or something' obviously I know nothing of these things! Glad you had a blast!

Ashlee said...

OmG! Super Fun! Looks like you had a great time! What a fun vaca for the both of you to take! Love ya sister!