I have to document a funny thing between me and the hub that I thought was blog worthy. It reminded me of a "Nicole & Brandon are meant to be" moment.
Now, ladies, I'm sure you can all relate with me on this, my husband D-E-S-P-I-S-E-S chick flicks. Flat out hates them. End of story. He thinks they are all predictable and always the same sappy love story. Which sadly he's got a point, but we women need our sappy romance in movies instead of just always watching people beat each other up. So when I saw the trailer for the new chick flick movie "Leap Year" I knew that I wanted to go see it, but I knew for sure that the hub would shoot me down, but it never hurts to ask. So ask I did and this is how it turned out. And this may just have to be my first lesson if I were ever to teach a course on Husbands :)
Here's how the conversation went:
Me: Babe, will you take me to go see "Leap Year"?
Brandon: "Leap Year"? What's that? I've never even heard of it.
I've just realized my opportune moment and I was going to grasp it
Me: Oh it's uh, this Sci-fi movie! Yeah! A Sci-fi movie about um how, er, scientists discover that during leap year of 2020 the earth is going to get sucked into a black hole! So these people, um I mean, astronauts have to go into space and blow it up and it looks like there's lots of fighting in it.... *smile*
Brandon stares at me blankly
Brandon: Hmmm, never heard of it. Sounds interesting though.
Me: Yeah it is, it comes out on Friday.
Brandon: Ok.
*MISSION ACCOMPLISHED*
But silly me couldn't hold a straight face and immediately broke out into laughter. Which of course was followed by Brandon figuring out that I was lying and burst out with "It's a Chick Flick isn't it??!!!!"
*ABORT! ABORT!!!*
Oh Babe, you complete me.
Needless to say, I'm going with my mom to see it.
Friday, January 8, 2010
White lies...
Posted by Brandon, Nicole and Lucy at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
oh Nicole, that made my day! I can't get Grant to see a chick flick to save his life. I'd go see it with you! I would indeed.
I wanted to see that too, but no chance here either. Oh, and the picture of the dirty clothes right next to the laundry basket...HILARIOUS! That is so how it is. Good times.
While my husband may not do many things (cook, clean, throw dirty clothes in the hamper), he will go see chick flick movies with me. One of our first dates was actually a chick flick and it was his idea (although, I think he was just trying to get on my good side at that point)!
Post a Comment