Every year we are lucky enough to get to have a fun filled week down in marvelous Lake Powell!! Well since this year Brandon and I are going to Germany we opted for only staying a few days so we could save up our vacation time. We went down thursday night and since it was too dark for the boat to come pick us up we decided, heck we will be cheap and just sleep in my dads truck! When we got there little did we know that there were actually multiple trailer parking lots, so we probably spent a good half hour driving around all these parking lots in the pitch black looking for my truck. I even had my dads keys and was hitting the "lock" and "unlock" button every few seconds in hopes that we would spot his truck light up. haha it was awesome. We finally found it though! It was an interesting night and let me tell you, that marina parking lot never sleeps! We heard people outside all night long. I even remember waking up and looking at my watch and it was only 3:30 am and my exact thought was "are you freaking kidding me?? It's not morning yet?!!" Finally my phone went off which meant my dad was in the boat on his way to get us! We had a blast skiing and going exploring! I love going to Lake Powell and I forget how much I love it til I'm actually there. It was hard coming back and I'm already missing it and looking forward to going next year. Thanks mom and dad for staying a day or two extra to hang out with us! I know it must've been a huge sacrifice ;)
Pretty cool shot. Early morning ski ride!!! Look at the glass smooth water! I LOVE it!
I forgot to put sunblock on my foot and it got BURNED!!! Seriously, I'm talking like 2nd degree burns here! aha
My dad is such a stud. I'm so proud of this picture, yeah I totally took it!
These next few pictures just crack me up. We found our way into this narrow canyon and the wind was kind of blowing and it kept blowing the boat towards the canyon walls so we had to keep swimming over and trying to "pull" the boat away from hitting the wall. Yeah we sacrifice a lot for that boat. haha so here is Brandon and I hard at work making sure the boat doesn't crash into the rocks!
We really did a pretty awesome job of keeping the boat from hitting the rocks if I do say so myself.
This was a fun mini cave we found and we thought it'd be fun to swim in it. It was.
Here is Brandon being Brandon and climbing all over the place. I tried to zoom out as far as I could just to show how massive this canyon wall was! I'd say that only shows about half of how freaking tall that rock wall was! It was massive but sooo cool!!! Brandon wanted to climb all the way to the top, but I wouldn't let him. I'm such a mean wife.
So to sum it all up, Lake Powell rocks!!!



1 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun--good job at keeping the boat from the rocks! And I didn't know you were going to Germany?! That's awesome!
Post a Comment