Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Things I love...

Lucy is so much fun! I adore having her in our family. She seems like she's been with us forever, yet it hasn't even been a month. She has changed our lives forever...in a good way of course! I just wanted to document a few of her cute quirks so I can always remember them. This post is more for journal purposes, so it may not be the most entertaining, but it's stuff I don't want to forget.


*She hates her binky....with a passion. I am seriously hoping this changes because there are times when it would be a real lifesaver. She'll suck on it for a second but it doesn't fool her and she immediately spits it out and screams.

*When it's time to feed her as soon as she realizes she's gonna eat she starts open mouth thrashing around like a shark. Makes me laugh every time.

*She grunts and sighs and snores when she sleeps. I had to move her into her room at nights because every little noise she made would wake me up.

*She's been a dream baby at night. We put her to bed around 9 and she usually only gets up around 2:00 or 3:00, eats and goes back to sleep and then wakes up around 7. I'm just waiting for this to change and for her to be up all night. So I'm enjoying this while I can.

*She hates hates hates getting her diaper changed. She screams bloody murder every time and kicks and thrashes around like crazy. Makes for a challenge.

*She is so strong. I struggle trying to hold her legs apart while I change her. I try and tell her I'm on her side, but she doesn't care!

*She isn't a huge fan of her swing, but she loves to be swung (?) in her car seat. I don't understand it, but there apparently is a difference.

*She loves her bath time and does really well. Even when we accidentally pour water in her eyes...

*She likes when I sing her Beatles songs. She already has good taste :)

*She has a tint of red in her hair and that makes me so happy!

That's all I can think of now. It's so fun to get to know her personality, even at such a young age. She's such a little muffin. We love you Lucy!








1 comments:

Aleisha said...

Oh so cute!!! Haha did you get the diaper line off that new show called....(this might be wrong) Parenthood? I'm so sorry she doesn't like binkies, I seriously am empathizing here. Oh and I laughed really hard about the beatles songs, Grant used to turn on the beach boys and Alaina would go crazy when she was a baby! Maybe babies just like that era.