Saturday, January 29, 2011

2010 Recap

What a great year it was for us! It was full of adventures, changes, and fun! Now to highlight some of the things that happened to us over the last 365 days:

In March for spring break, we went on our most amazing scuba diving trip to Cozumel! Not a day goes by that I don't dream of being back there. Especially now during the cold winter. I'd give anything to be laying on the deck of the boat getting warm from the sun after a dive. I can't even describe how much I loved that trip. I am so glad that I was able to talk Brandon into getting certified so that we could go diving together. And I'm glad he loves it and yearns for it as much as I do.

Then in May one of the bigger events of this year, we moved from sunny St. George to cold Logan! It was a big adjustment and I still can't believe that we live here after nearly 8 months. I've enjoyed our time here so far. Logan is kind of a cute little town to live. Way different than St. George. I hate hate hate being 6 hours away from our families, but I guess it always could be worse.
Brandon has really been enjoying school and has done really well so far (he got a 4.0 last semester people! He's brilliant) He was grading papers for one of his professor's undergraduate classes, but he was recommended for a better job a few months ago. He went in for the interview and nailed it! He works for the Space Dynamics Lab on campus now. Basically, he gets to program satellites and work with stuff like that. Yeah basically his dream job. And he has flexible hours too so he can schedule his classes whenever and he can still come and go from work as he pleases, just as long as he get's his hours in. He even has to have a badge to get into work. Pretty high tech stuff.
I found a great job working for a Law Firm here in Logan. I've enjoyed it so much and is so nice to finally have a job that I love going to and that makes me happy. I work with amazing people who have welcomed me and have been so nice. I reception for them in the mornings and then in the afternoons I do all sorts of odd jobs. Whether it's filing, helping the paralegals, cleaning or running errands. It's basically the best job ever. I feel so blessed that I work there and that it's such a great opportunity. And I love that it's only like 2 miles from my house. Makes it nice for less traveling time, especially since I have to be there by 8. Which is wayyyy early for me.

This fall was pretty uneventful. We just mainly enjoyed the season change and how beautiful Logan looked during fall.
We also celebrated 3 years of marital bliss in September. We had our annual get away trip and went to Lagoon for a day. Which was a blast. Then on our actual anniversary it was just low key. We had to go to work and school and then after words we went out to dinner.

We spent the holidays this year in St. George. It was my side of the family this year for Thanksgiving and it was delicious and fun to be around family for 5 whole days!! Then for Christmas, we decided to have Christmas with just us a little early on Christmas eve morning, so we opened presents, had a yummy lunch and then headed down to St. George later that afternoon. We slept at my parents house that night and watched them open their presents then headed over to see Brandon's family. We spent the rest of the trip with them relaxing and visiting. I also had horrible toothache that had been going on for a few weeks and I finally had my breaking point and went into the dentist a few days after christmas to get it fixed. As much as I hate going to the dentist, I am very relieved that the pain is gone!!! Hurray! It kind a put a damper on that day though cause I spent most of the day with gauze in my mouth and a numb face. Not fun.

Our new year's was pretty low key. Both our families were in Salt Lake so we traveled down that direction to see them. Our nephew Daison got ordained a deacon as well that following Sunday so it was fun to go support him in that. I also braved the Dillard's New Year's Day sale, that I had no idea was such a big deal. I couldn't believe how packed it was in there and how crazy people are! They had a huge shoe sale and people would seriously just grab piles and walk off with them without even looking at them. Then they'd find a safe corner and look through the pile to see if there was any that they liked. I made an attempt to try and find some shoes in my size. But after getting sucked into the chaos and almost getting trampled, I decided that I had plenty of shoes and didn't need any at the moment. It was an adventure for sure.
Anyways. That was our year in a nutshell.

Here's to 2011!!! I already know you're going to be a great year!!!

1 comments:

Aleisha said...

fun fun times... I'm so glad you both are happy with where your at line life right now. (jobwise I mean) It's nice to feel content isn't it?