I work at a credit union. And until this week, I have been driving from Santa Clara to Hurricane EVERYDAY to go to work (Syd I know you're rolling your eyes right now cause you do the same) It is a long, dull, boring drive. I can only have a conversation with myself for so long before I get sick of me. Then the wonderful, yet sad, day came when I was told those magical words "We're transfering you to St. George" WOOHOO, YES, FANTASTIC!!!! That was my reaction inside and then came the sadness when I realized I would have to leave my dear friends at hurricane (and by dear friends, I mean my co-workers, NOT the members) So to commemorate (spelling?) my time there, I would like to write about my favorite things that happened there.
Sorry this will probably not make any sense to any one but Syd & Lenzi (my 2 most favoritest people!)
*Ode to the members who yelled at me for asking for their identification so I could verify who they were.
Example: I've had my account here for 30 years why do you need to see my ID?!!!!!! (well sir I haven't worked here for 30 years, nor have I been alive for that long!!!)
*Ode to Shannon, dear Shannon, who's comments to members never failed to embarrass me or made me want to hid under my cubical.
Example: "My you sure have got a lot of gray in your hair now!"
"Sorry I couldn't tell if you were a man or woman so I didn't dare say "sir or ma'am" (True story)
*Ode to Java. Oh Java, how I hate you.
*Ode to TR, who's bluntness to members always left me in shock.
Example: (speaking to a member) "We've always had the slip for you to fill out but people in Hurricane don't do it."
*Ode to the members who felt they were above the rules.
Example: "I need to make a withdrawal" "Ok, for cash back I need you to fill out one of the slips for me" "No I will not!!" "........"
*Ode to the member who always annoyed the crap out of me.
Example: "I need cash out of my account. My account number is the same one as last time, you should have it posted there on your computer." (EVERYTIME!!! No matter how much I tried to avoid asking him his account number he still said that exact same thing!!!)
*Ode to the members who just sent in their checks without any directions written on them. I'm not a mind reader!!!
*Ode to the Hurricane cops, who really have nothing better to do.
exapmle: Dear Syd got pulled over after being followed by a hurricane cop for like 5 miles. The cop declared to her that her license plate cover was just too dark. ???????? She just laughed at him, as would I.
*Another Ode to Shannon, for always questioning EVERYTHING!
Example: "What? Why are you giving him $20.00??! He usually gets $10.00!! Sir, excuse me sir, are you sure you want $20.00 instead of $10.00?!"
Those are just a few of the wonderful things that I will miss out on now. But I probably won't miss them...
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Ode to Hurricane
Posted by Brandon, Nicole and Lucy at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ha ha!!! That is the funniest thing ever! It is so true. I hope there is a part 2!
Hey! I'm glad I came across your blog. You seem so happy and you and Brandon are so cute together. I haven't seen you forever, but I'm glad all is well.
Post a Comment