We are so thrilled to be having this little baby girl join our family. It seems to be the only thing we can talk/think/dream about. We've already started collecting stuff for this little sweetie and it doesn't help us be more patient!! All I want to do now is shop for her and buy clothes that make me want to have a come apart right there in the store because I can't even handle how cute all the little baby girl clothes are. But I must say I have been pretty good. We've only bought 2 outfits for her. That's right, only 2. I should get a freaking medal for that. Cause if it were up to me, I'd be getting one of everything in all the stores everywhere.
It was so fun going to our ultrasound. The days...weeks leading up to it were brutal. The night before was just like Christmas! Full of excitement and anticipation....were we buying blue or pink?? Having a little Phoebe or Phoebo???? (kudos to all you "Friends" fans who got that) We finally made it to our appointment and practically skipped into the office. Thankfully, we barely even had time to sit down before our name was called to come on down! We had the coolest ultrasound tech. He was very fun and made the experience really neat. He'd point out every little detail about her and we both nod and say something like "oh yeah I totally see her kidney" when in real life we both admitted after word to thinking "Huh?? I don't see it, whatever you say dude!"
Then out of no where, without even giving us a heads up, he practically sang "It looks like you have yourself a little girl!!!" And my immediate response was "Huh??? What!! Seriously??!! Check again!!" to which he patted my head and checked again and said "Yep, definite girl." Brandon squeezed my hand and said "I knew it! The magic 8 ball never lies!!" We both screamed in delight and couldn't believe that we created this sweet little girl. And oh my gosh she yawned during the ultrasound and we SAW IT!!! That's right, we saw her open her mouth and yawn. Seriously folks, CUTEST. THING. EVER.
She was kind of a little stinker during the ultrasound though and had herself wrapped up in a ball so tight that we couldn't really get a good look at her face on the 3d ultrasound, but we got a pretty good side shot of her and also another one of her sucking her thumb. Showing here:


I know these are hard to tell but, it's just of the side of her face and she's facing towards the left. I can't stop staring at her little nose and those perfect little lips. The second picture is the one of her sucking her thumb.
And here is what she looks like on the outside! This was taken today at 22 weeks 2 days.

As you can see, she still has lot's of growing to do! But I'm finally starting to feel pregnant instead of just bloated. ha ha. Don't mind my hot pajamas, as soon as I get off work I peel my tight work pants off and put these comfy ones on! If only I could wear them to work.
Well that's all for now. Brandon is winding down this semester and I can't wait!!! Yay for getting my husband back! Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
P.S. Have you had these????
My gosh I can't stop eating them. I become like a crazed lunatic every time I'm around them. I swear it has some addictive chemical in it that makes you crave it fortnightly! (kudos again to you if you recognize that quote)
1 comments:
oh!!!!!!!!!!! That's so fun! I LOVE ultrasounds! Thanks for writing up the details, I'm a sucker for the details. Honestly Nicole, with your genes (and maybe a little help from Brandon hehe...) Your kid could be nothing short of drop dead adorable.
Post a Comment