We've discovered a new little hobby we enjoy: geo cashing!!! It's so much fun and fun to pretend like your pirates hunting for buried treasure! Ok, we don't pretend that we are pirates, but I did catch myself humming the "pirates of the Caribbean" them song once or twice...
Once it cools down we hop on our bikes and off we ride! Our first night we were very successful! We found our first one very easily after hiking through some lava rocks and getting some very strange looks from people passing by us in their cars.
There it was all snuggled in a little hole that I was too scared to stick my hand in for fear of some crazy insect attacking me, so I made brandon grab it! We were so happy we found it that we decided to snap a picture of our excitement....
But as you can see, we failed to zoom the camera out. Nice.
We then figured out the next one wasn't too far away so we hopped on our bikes and off we rode again. This time it was pointing us to the top of a questionable group of lava rocks so we ventured on up and sure enough, we found another one!!
Brandon on top of the world!
Me so happy to have found it. Yet I've some how managed to turn into a gleaming pillar of light, so it seems. Maybe I should let my pasty body see the sun shine a little more often..oh wait, I'd fry! Stupid un-tanable skin! But it's ok, I'm not bitter.
Not quite sure what I'm pointing at here, maybe I should work on my depth perception?
We found one more that night in the santa clara park. This one was tricky cause it was a camo geo cash! Someone thought they were so clever to put leaves on it! Let me tell you, I was pretty irritated cause I'm pretty sure I stared right at it a few times and didn't even realize it! lol
The next night we headed towards Ivins to hunt for some over there. Well, we went to 4 different geo cash sites and not one of them was there!!!! Either that or we just lost our touch at this and couldn't find any of them! But then again the first one we went to turned out to be a huge construction area, so the construction people probably found it and just threw it out! Lame!
Then the next one led us to a park and still nothing!!!
Brandon is pointing to where it "should" be...
So we also were led to a storage area and another park, but still no luck! Oh well. Despite our sadness, we managed to snap a few pictures of the lovely sunset. Then headed home.
Haha, we just can't seem to get that self portrait thing down! Oh well, it's at least a little better...
Yeah I don't think we will be venturing out to Ivins anymore to look for them. Geo Cashing rocks!!!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Adventures from Geo Cashing
Posted by Brandon, Nicole and Lucy at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Nicole! I'm glad I found your blog! We have one too, but it's privat. So, if you want to view it, send me an e-mail! amfielding@gmail.com and I'll send you an invit! Megan (Hutchings) Fielding
what the heck is geo cashing???
Post a Comment